Farm Auto Insurance

Why Choose Us?

Although James Insurance was founded in 1893, we know farming has changed a lot since then, and vehicles are now vital to operating a farm. Let us help you choose the right coverage for all your farm vehicles so you can continue farming for many years to come.

What is Covered?

Pays for injury, death and damages you may be responsible for as the result of a car accident.  It also pays for defense costs associated with the accident.  

Pays to repair the damage to your vehicle from fire, theft, lightning, windstorm, hail, earthquake, explosion, riots, falling objects, vandalism and more.  

Pays to repair damage to your own vehicle if you are at fault, for hit and run accidents, as well as single car accidents.  

You may have modified your vehicles to suit your farm, such as adding a dump box, mobile generator, custom shelving, flat bed etc.  You must tell your insurance company about these changes in order to be properly insured.

Additional Items to Consider

How do you use each vehicle?  Companies rate trucks differently that just stay on the farm vs ones that are also used for personal use.  Also if you deliver your produce, cattle, grains etc you must tell your insurance company.  

If you have a heavy truck used to transport grain, cattle, produce etc be sure to hire experienced drivers with clean driving records in order to obtain the best price.

Unlike private passenger policies you must list all of your trailers in order to be covered.  The reason is that your trailer may be left at a market for the day or even on your property.  The cost for trailer liability is very minimal and should be added for every trailer.

Farm tools and equipment that is not permanently attached to the vehicle must be listed on your farm policy, as they are not covered under your auto policy. 

You must tell your insurance company of all your employees or family who will drive your farm trucks.  It is best to hire drivers with experience and a clean driving record.

Livestock are not automatically covered under your auto policy.  It is typically best to insure all your livestock on your farm policy.  If you are transporting non-owned livestock you must tell your insurer and you should insure them separately.

Let one of our experienced brokers help you choose the coverage that is right for you.  If you would like a quote, please give us a call at 905-623-4406.